Thursday, January 11, 2007

demon drawing

I saw a really excellent film yesterday,Au revoir, les enfants by louis malle, my favorite film by him is still Ascenseur pour l'échafaud

I want to see more of his movies, they are never a dissapointment. i also saw the film Pan's Labyrinth, I was very dissapointed, I wanted to love it, but it was just too simple flat and empty. the movie was beautiful but it lacked that extra soul that makes a film a masterpiece, del toro's movies are always missing something i think, in my opinion the devils backbone is his best, although i would recomend pan's labyrinth because it is so pretty looking and magical. ultimatly i hope he makes more movies, because with each one he is improving on his unique vision.


here is a drawing, another experiment with everything at my disposal,basically: acrylic, pencil, marker and pen